Key stage 1 produce yearly overviews that show the links with the National Curriculum, the topics covered and the subjects that will be studied.
Over the year, year groups and Subject Leaders, will ensure that all objectives within the National Curriculum have been sufficiently met and there is clear evidence of progression.
Literacy and maths overviews show when particular skills, knowledge and genres will be taught.
PSHE (Including RSE)
- PSHE Policy June 2020
- Relationships and Sex Education RSE and Health Education
- Jigsaw Information Leaflet for Parents and Carers
- Jigsaw LGBT Parent leaflet
- RSHE FAQs for parents and carers in Hertfordshire Primary schools April 20
- RSHE-A Guide for Parents and Carers leaflet 2020
- Jigsaw Snapshot Overview Map
- Whole School Subject Overview
Planning is based on the Letters and Sounds teaching programme.
- Reading schemes
- Oxford reading tree
- Floppy’s phonics
- Songbird phonics
- Project X
- Collins Big Cat
- Heinemann – Storyworlds
- Ginn – Pocket books
- Rigby Star- Star
- Sunshine books
- Usborne –Phonics readers
- Guided reading – Bug Club